High-School-Jahr in den USA
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Between the ages of 15 and 18 and 1/2
- Currently attending high school
- Maturity and motivation for an experience in USA
- Application approval by NWSE
What is included in my program costs?
- Room and board with a carefully selected volunteer host family in the USA
- Supervision by a local representative in the USA
- Enrollment in a public high school in the USA (private high schools can also be arranged)
- Pre-departure and post-arrival orientations
- Certificate of participation by NWSE (with successful completion of program and evaluation)
- Host family orientation
- Payment of SEVIS Fee (I-901 Form)
What is not included?
- Flights (NWSE can help you book an affordable flight), passport fees, or other travel expenses
- School supplies
- Lunch, if you decide not to pack a lunch from your host family home
- Spending money for personal expenses (approximately $200 per month for duration of program)
When would I leave for the USA?
School usually begins for fall semester and academic year programs between August 1st and September 10th. NWSE
will work with you to determine the day you should depart for USA.
What will I study in the USA?
Students will study in regular classes in the USA. NWSE does not guarantee graduation or a diploma to any student. Principals or counselors of the schools have the discretion on where to place you based on your age, class level in your home country, English level and subject levels.
2019/2020 Application Deadlines & Fees
Please note:You should expect most placements to occur prior to July 2019, AND that it is not uncommon for some placements to occur until the placement deadline of August 31, 2019. For spring 2020 (second) semester applicants, placements may occur as late as January 15, 2020.
NWSE informs accepted applicants of their placements immediately after securing their school acceptance and completing the school and host family vetting processes.
2019/2020 PUBLIC SCHOOL EXCHANGE PROGRAM FEES START AT:
|Private Exchange, Direct Exchange, Sponsored Placement:||Semester||Year|
2019/2020 PRIVATE SCHOOL EXCHANGE PROGRAM FEES:
Same as above PLUS the tuition charged by the private school.
* Scholarships (“fee reductions”), based on merit and need, may be available. Insurance**, consular application and SEVIS fees not included.
** You may purchase Dept. of State-compliant Exchange Student insurance from NWSE for US$325/semester exchange, or US$575/academic year exchange.