Become an Exchange Student
Information for Parents
Participating in an exchange program abroad gives your teenagers unique opportunities to:
- Develop skills necessary to succeed in a globalized world, including the ability to cooperate effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds is essential.
- Acquire valuable foreign language skills – an important asset at college and in their future careers. Students often test out of lower-level language classes at college.
- Make great friends and contacts overseas that last a lifetime.
- Improve their ability to adjust to new situations and view challenges as opportunities for learning and growth — an essential skill honed by adjusting to life in a different culture.
- Set themselves apart from other college applicants. Being a successful exchange student demonstrates independence, maturity, and a desire to learn about the world.
- Learn about themselves and their academic and professional interests by adapting to their host community and exploring new activities and classes.
- Gain confidence in their ability to succeed through their own independent efforts.