United StatesBack to Exchange Countries
You have seen American movies and listened to American music. But what is life really like in this vast and diverse country called the USA? There is hardly a better way for you to find out than to become an exchange student!
Experience first-hand the American way of life as a member of your host family, and as a student at an American high school. Make friends and catch the school spirit by participating in school club and sports activities with your American classmates. Improve your English skills and explore classes you may not enjoy at your home school.
Most exchange students are placed in suburban communities across the USA. You will attend the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade of your host family’s local high school, and enjoy sharing your hosts’ daily life and family activities.
2023/2024 Application Fees
Please note:You should expect most placements to occur prior to July 2023, AND that it is not uncommon for some placements to occur until the placement deadline of August 31, 2023. For spring 2024 (second) semester applicants, placements may occur as late as January 15, 2024.
NWSE informs accepted applicants of their placements immediately after securing their school acceptance and completing the school and host family vetting processes.
What does an NWSE semester or year-long (AYP) student exchange program cost?
NWSE student exchange programs start at $5500* **, and vary in cost depending upon program duration and destination. Please contact us directly for specific information and to discuss your plans.
Included in each exchange program:
- AYP students are placed with their host families prior to July 2023. Some placements may occur until the placement deadline of August 31, 2023.
- Spring 2024 (second) semester students may be placed up to January 15, 2024.
- Exchange students accepted by NWSE are informed of their placements immediately after NWSE secures their school acceptance and host family.
- * Scholarships (“fee reductions”) may be available based on merit and need.
What is not included in the NWSE exchange program fee?
- Consular/visa application fee
- SEVIS fee
- Airfare/travel to/from exchange destination
- Personal spending money
* Scholarships (“fee reductions”), based on merit and need, may be available. Insurance**, consular application and SEVIS fees not included.
** You may purchase Dept. of State-compliant Exchange Student insurance from NWSE for US$375/semester exchange, or US$625/academic year exchange.
For more information about our programs to the USA, please click on one of the links below:
|If you live in Germany, Switzerland or Austria, please visit our German language website.|
|If you live in Japan, please visit our Japanese language website.|
If you live elsewhere in the world, please register online for more information.