EnglandBack to Exchange Countries
From fascinating history to exciting modern innovations, England has something for everyone!
NWSE’s program to England allows students to choose between several “sixth form colleges” throughout England for programs ranging in duration from 8 weeks to a full school year. Students also have the choice between placements in residence halls or with local host families.
Sixth form colleges are typically less formal than sixth form in more traditional schools. They are usually bigger and offer a wide range of subjects to study. Students at sixth form colleges are often studying for advanced school-level qualifications, such as A-levels or BTECs.
Participants must be between 16-18 years old at the start of the program and should have average grades of at least B- (or the equivalent).
The Program Includes:
- Accommodation with a host family or in halls of residence
- Support from Accommodation or Welfare Officer at college
- 24-hour Emergency Support from NWSE and NWSE’s UK-based partner organization
- Acceptance to chosen sixth form college
- Pre-Departure orientation
- Arrival orientation
- Airport pickup
- NWSE Certificate of participation (with successful completion of program)
Not included in program fees:
- Round trip airfare to the airport closest to the assigned host family, passport fees, or other travel expenses
- Visa application costs
- School supplies
- Food outside the host family’s home
- Personal spending money (approximately $300 per month for duration of program)
- Mandatory insurance policy. Contact us for more details on options and costs.
Please contact NWSE for program fee information. Scholarships (“fee reductions”), based on merit and need, may be available.